our commitment in Somaliland
AN-NYA Foundation aims to support the existing efforts and plans to promote the nationwide qualified surgical and anesthetic care. For this AN-NYA Foundation will cooperate with Edna Adan University Hospital (EAUH) in Hargeysa, Somaliland. To further these aims, AN-NYA Foundation, with partners, will (not exclusively) focus the following activities:
- Surgical camps of 2 weeks by training teams. The team members are experienced certified specialists. The composition of the teams depends on the need of EAUH and the intended topic of the course.
- Initially the focus lies on the training of General and Trauma Surgery. The training modules will be developed collectively.
- The content and composition of the training will be in accordance with existing training programs such as
o Global Initiative for Emergency and Essential Surgical Care (GIEESC) by WHO (2)
o Membership of the College of Surgeons MCS(ECSA) (3)
- The training provided should complement the existing training for Obstetrics.
- Training for vascular surgery is also desired.